The broad themes to be addressed by GBER include the following:
- Cities in transitions and the changing factors which affect the built environment.
- Roles, performance and limitations of the architects, planners and environmentalists towards sustainable development/environment.
- Adaptability or resistance of the people to the changing built environment through the use of popular culture.
- Role of politics, dominant culture, ethnicity, religion and consumerism (particularly the role of the MNC’s) in shaping the built environment and their impact on people.
- Critical analysis of the North-South debates and perspectives of varied built environment documenting similarities, uniqueness or global interdependence.
Please note that we also have an international peer reviewed sister journal, called South Asian Cultural Studies (SACS).